New Perceptual Weaponry for 2021
Before Covid-19 the radio business was thinking a lot about doing things differently, making every budget dollar count and being more agile in the face of competitive threats. Those concerns won’t decrease as we start to move past the pandemic.
These days, perceptual studies are less likely to be annual checkups and more likely to be trying to figure out why a station’s ratings are going in the wrong direction. In thinking about a perceptual study that works for today’s environment we focused on minimizing turnaround time while keeping costs under control.
NuVoodoo is pleased to announce a new solution for station perceptual studies for 2021. Our acronym wonks came up with the ASAP Study:
- Actionable: A 10-minute interview gives a range of possible avenues of inquiry, but demands that strong focus goes into the questionnaire design – knowing the possible actions that might be taken based on the output of the study.
- Speedy: 10-minute interview means the study will get into the field faster and a 300-person sample means that it will get out of the field faster. We’ll get from approved questionnaire to presentation in three weeks or less in the 40 largest markets (fielding takes slightly longer as market population decreases).
- Affordable: An all-in cost of $9500 minimizes risk and maximizes return.
- Perceptual Study: Quantitative research with scalable results from a well-designed, carefully-screened sample to get the answers you need to move ahead.
Our starting point is any one of three basic study designs:
- A drilldown on mornings: What kind of show is in demand? Are there image leaders for that type of show? What are the key audience benefits to develop? Which images are contestable? Which features have the strongest gravity? Who are the hot personalities?
- A thorough checkup on station health: Is your station optimally aligned among your competitors? What images are strongest? Which images are most important? Is your music dialed-in – or is it perceived too old/new/hard/soft/etc.? What are you biggest competitive threats? Where can you mine for additional P1’s?
- A roadmap for music: The tightened interview allows testing of appeal for up to fifteen music styles, along with image questions.
The exact questions are whatever is needed to get to actionable answers for the station. Limited questionnaire length means only the most important questions get asked. We still offer full-size strategic perceptual studies and format searches, but when time really matters, NuVoodoo can get answers ASAP.
An email to TellMeMore@NuVoodoo.com gets you deeper details.