Lots of ideas swirl around news media concerning reopening the US economy. While we’re all tired of quarantine/isolation, a narrow plurality is ready to isolate until “officials say it’s safe” – and nearly as many say they’re staying home until they feel safe – “even if officials say it’s okay.” That’s nearly 3 in 4 who are ready to stay at home until there’s at least an official “all clear.” As of this writing, only 4% believe “everything should reopen.”
At NuVoodoo we’ve been researching the level of concern about the virus since early March, along with the usage patterns for radio and other media, best practices for music radio programming, content choices and everything else we’ve thought of in hopes of helping those operating radio stations. We’re preparing a webinar with the latest information about the pandemic and radio’s role during and after the crisis. Covering and Recovering from COVID-19: Practical Steps to Help Your Listeners & Your Station Through the Pandemic & Beyond, is set for Thursday, April 30 at 1 PM EDT. Register at nuvoodoo.com/webinar-signup.
During the new webinar, Mike O’Connor, PJ Kling and I will review the latest NuVoodoo listener research on the pandemic and map out the best strategies and tactics to meet the challenges ahead in just over a half hour. We’ll give a deep dive on:
- Concern about coronavirus day-by-day back to early March
- Ways coronavirus has touched the lives of listeners
- How radio is doing compared to other media choices for usage and reliance
- How listeners feel about coming out of quarantine/isolation
- What music radio should be doing to stay in step with listener expectations
- The coverage and information most sought by listeners
- Whether contests still fit into listener expectations for music radio today
- How to package contests during the recovery phase
- What to expect from ratings respondents as we recover
- Marketing strategies we’ve used to help stations adjust to the new reality
- Promotion/marketing solutions you can fund with spare-change-found-in-the-couch budgets and still be effective
As always, we’ll stay on to answer your questions to make sure you leave armed with new knowledge and new ideas to move your stations ahead. The webinar is set for Thursday, April 30 at 1 PM EDT; register at nuvoodoo.com/webinar-signup.