Confronting the uncertainty of the months ahead is critical to radio’s survival. This fall, advertisers and agencies will grow increasingly selective about who “gets on the buy,” and the pressure to deliver ratings will be intense. At the same time, managers and programmers will be faced with budget constraints and fewer resources to get the job done.
Knowing data-driven decisions are better decisions, NuVoodoo is committed to supporting you with actionable intel to guide you through the volatility of the next few months. We’re continuing our work tracking concerns, attitudes and behavior surrounding the coronavirus pandemic. We dove in right away measuring opinions concerning protests following the killings of George Floyd and Black Americans. And we’re back in the field now with NuVoodoo Ratings Prospects Study XVI.
Our new study will gather opinions from thousands of radio listeners across the country and give clarity about their usage of radio and other audio media – and how to motivate the small subset of listeners who give the industry its weekly report card: likely ratings respondents. We’ve once again teamed up with our partners at All Access for a free webinar. Here’s a snapshot of what you can expect:
- First, we’ll give you the lay of the land. How are survey-friendly listeners feeling right now? Are they “virus-ed out” and seeking an escape to regular programming, free of COVID-related updates?
- Which marketing channels provide the most bang for least buck? Is it calls to the office (is anyone IN the office?); digital media on mobile phones; mail delivered to the home or billboards?
- What social and digital media strategies give you the best chance for reaching and influencing likely ratings participants? Is it still all about Facebook, Instagram and YouTube – or has TikTok shaken things up?
- The least amount of cash your station can offer and still entice likely ratings participants. Are there prizes that sales can trade out that move the needle as well (or nearly as well) as cash? What about insured prizes? Do any of these lower-cost strategies actually work?
- What promotional events are listeners most likely to attend (and with what precautions)? What can you offer instead to support sales efforts for Non-Traditional Revenue?
- We’ll trend and compare at-work vs. work-from-home listening and over-the-air vs. digital listening. What’s listening look like when the workplace is home sweet home?
- Where is the best place to fish for ratings “likelies” with your TSL-boosting message?
This and more data – including insights about whatever new twists 2020 has in store between now and July 8. As always, we respect your time and promise to get through the data in about thirty minutes – and then stay on to answer questions as long as needed. The session is Wednesday July 8 at 1 PM EDT. Reserve your slot now at: nuvoodoo.com/webinar-signup.